2021 World Happiness Report
Malaysia was ranked 81st out of 149 countries.
This annual publication issued by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), contains the rankings 149 countries on how happy their citizens perceive themselves to be.
Overview of Key Areas Addressed in the Report:
- Chapter 1 Overview: Life under COVID-19
- Chapter 2 Happiness, trust, and deaths under COVID-19
- Chapter 3 COVID-19 Prevalence and Well-being: Lessons from East Asia
- Chapter 4 Reasons for Asia-Pacific Success in suppressing COVID-19
- Chapter 5 Mental health and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Chapter 6 Social Connection and Well-Being during COVID-19
- Chapter 7 Work and Well-being during COVID-19: Impact, Inequalities, Resilience, and the Future of Work
- Chapter 8 Living long and living well: The WELLBY approach
You may download the report here and/or watch the launch of the report here.
This study ranks the countries on the basis of questions from the Gallup World Poll, whereby the results are then correlated with other factors including GDP and social security. The focus this year was on how people all over the world have fared against the effects of COVID-19. Effects such as mortality, well-being, mental health, inequality, resilience and future of work under this pandemic are discussed, as well as why some countries have done better than others when it came to responding to the pandemic.